The MENTOR Network
Privacy Notice for California Applicants
Prior to employment, the Company may collect an applicant’s Personal Information for business purposes (both electronically and in hard copy) directly from the applicant, indirectly from the applicant via automated technologies, or from external parties (including publicly available sources). “Personal Information” is information that identifies the applicant, relates to the applicant, or is reasonably capable of being associated with the applicant. The Company may collect Personal Information as identified in Appendix A, attached below.
Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, de-identified or aggregated information, or other information specifically exempted by California law (such as health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and other sector-specific privacy laws (including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994).
The Company uses applicant Personal Information for the following reasons:
- to verify an applicant’s identity for work authorization in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws;
- to verify an applicant’s background and qualifications for his or her position(s);
- to fulfill or meet the reason the applicant provided the information;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- as described to the applicant when collecting the Personal Information; and
- to provide applicant with access to applicable systems.
Applicant Personal Information is used for the Company’s legitimate business needs only. When we disclose applicant Personal Information to external parties, the parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep the Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. In the preceding twelve (12) month period, we have disclosed applicant Personal Information to the following categories of external parties: our affiliated companies and service providers.
In the preceding twelve (12) month period, we have disclosed Personal Information within the following categories for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
- Category I: Professional or employment-related information
- Category J: Non-public education information
- Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information
In the preceding twelve (12) month period, the Company has not sold any Personal Information of applicant to any third parties.