In these uncertain times, it’s more important than ever to ensure those providing care have the support and resources they need. We recognize how challenging and stressful it can be for families with schools closed and people being asked to stay home and practice social distancing. We want our Mentor families to know that we’re here for you. Our dedicated coordinators and program staff remain available 24/7. We will continue to regularly meet with you, over the phone or virtually, and we will continue finding ways to ensure you feel connected to the MENTOR family.
Below you’ll find resources to help you and the children in your care. If you have any questions or simply need a friendly ear to listen, don’t hesitate to contact your local team member. Thank you for all that you do to make a difference in children’s lives.
- Special Issue of Safety Net
- COVID-19 Flyer: What You Can Do
- Message for Individuals We Support, Family Members and Guardians from CEO William McKinney
- How to Talk to Children About Coronavirus
|What You Need to Know (CDC)||What To Do If You’re Sick (CDC)|
For any Mentor who has experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19 or a qualifying life event, you may be eligible for support through our Network Angels emergency assistance fund.
- 211 – connects people with local resources and supports
- Feeding America – provides nourishing food to children and adults
- Khan Academy – free educational schedules and lessons grades K-12
- Virtual Field Trips
- ABCYA – grades Pre-K – 6
- Scholastic Magazine
- But Why, NPR Podcast for Curious Kids
Health and Wellness
(Always exercise within your health limits. If you have any questions, call you Healthcare Provider to discuss.)
- CDC Guidance: Keeping Kids Healthy While School’s Out
- Yoga – Spiderman AND Frozen!
- Fluency and Fitness
- CDC Tips for Managing Stress
- Mindfulness Apps for Parents and Mindfulness for Kids
- Emotions Songs Netflix JR
- Fill Your Bucket
- Bring it Down
- Body Scan Meditation
- Common Sense Media – ideas and reviews for entertainment for kids
- Lunch Doodles – daily doodles with Mo Willems
- Disney Coloring Pages
- Story Online
- We Are Teachers – ideas for fun activities